fredag 9 maj 2008

Blood, sweat and beers!

Last week it was a few climbers from Finland who dandered round our wee forest, ticking off our prized lines as if they were warming up for some big finale. As far as i know we will have to await the return visit for the finale. Maybe when the temps are a bit kinder to the big sends, but then again the warm, humid temps didn't seem to slow those lads down too much. It was great to be reminded just how smooth really talented climbers can be. It's a beautiful thing to see when it happens.
This week Kjuge recieved another visitor. Kjuge played host to a lone american called Kevin Perrone. If you haven't heard of him maybe you should google him. After reading our wee blog he contacted me from the states telling me of his upcoming visit. He would be coming to Denmark on a work trip for the week-end. He then planned to hit Kjuge for some action for four days. A very interesting bloke to climb with and talk to. He sorta an expert in physical fitness and training. He is particularly interested in using "Kettle-bells" and climbing. We climbed togeather on a quick tour of the woods climing on alot of the classic lines. Last night just before it got dark he came really close to sending Linds long one. He is currently planning next years return visit to finish the job ;)
The night was coming to an end, as was his time in Sweden. He suggested buying me a beer in return for my guiding services. I refused several times but finally he broke me down and i eventually agreed to a pint in K'stad. I had earned it but Kev had some business to tend to before he got his. "Mödomsrovet"6a+, ultra-classic it was. He had fought hard on it earlier in the day. On his return he showed power, determination and a really cool attitude to climbing. His persistence and incentive to earn his beer paid off, as he cruised the line in good style. He'll be back!

3 kommentarer:

Irish Dave sa...

Who are you ? We should get do lunch!

Anonym sa...

Hello irish. I was the one. I am very positive on the subject kettlebells and its trainingefect on climbing.

I credit kettlebelling and Heavy-grippers aka Captains of crush for my recent increas in strenght. its absolutely not a jack of all trades but a very good complement and timesparing trainingdevices.

Just yesterday i was on a workshop on kettlebelltraining and my hole body is sore beyond belife today...

The season on kjuge is now over for me and i will climb whith a rope for a while, se ya on kjuge in the fall... mvh Samuel

ps my english spelling is not so good, but i try.

Irish Dave sa...

You're english is better than my swedish! Have a great time over the summer season swinging around on ropes .Am looking forward to meeting you when all cools down and we are both ripped like Tyler Durdan! ;) mvh David "Irish"

Shine On!