söndag 5 oktober 2008

Valje -The new hot-spot????

As we made the short march from the parking to the boulders at Valje, I could feel a very obvious excitment growing in me. I had never been here before and knew very little about what to expect,couldn't help feeling that it was special. Maybe it was the lingering alcohol in my blood from the night before but still, i felt oddly extra optimistic about what i would encounter on these stones. It felt great to be venturing into the trees seeing stones in the thick woods and wondering........just wondering how this day would be.
I had built it up in my head that it would be great and it was. Ok, it's a small area but to think that we are going to suddenly stumble over an area with the scale and rock-quality of Kjuge is a little optimistic, even for me. It is what it is, nothing more and nothing less. A small area of sound rock,a fantastic blend of lines of different styles. It's not sharp and the "vibe" i get form the place is all good . We warmed up on four or five "easy" problems that stood proud on one of the highest rocks. Cracks , flakes, friendly crimps , high-steppin balancy lines. It was excellent!!!!!
If you want to put a grade to them it might be 5?-6? The point is that the are fantastic to climb. It don't matter a shite if you climb 5- or 8b+ you will enjoy them . The we moved onto some lines that were steep and actually made you work. The whole day was great and i was sad when it ended due to time and energy.I look forward to returning to the wee magical forest on the edge of Skåne.

4 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

bildbevis tack

Jenner sa...

How much rock is there to do and how do you find the area?

Anonym sa...

After i organise my brothers stag-do,move into my new apartment, buy my new car,do my laundry, cut the grass,pick all the apples,rent out my house,finish reading the latest "Alpinist" mag and have a shit - I'll get around to taking some pics and keeping you lot happy.;)

Anonym sa...

Some body else will have to give directions. i wasn't looking.