onsdag 5 mars 2008

The only way is up!

The story begins on saturday night in Kristianstad.Emma and I both attended a very pretigious event,an event which marked the anniversary of the days Ola Olsson and Lisa Modeer came to this world many many years ago(their birthday party). I was feeling a little frustrated as saturday was not a climbing day by any standards in kjuge.The chance to party seemed the perfect way for a young Irishman to vent his anger and get lost in a bottle of malt. On arrival to the "fest" which attracted such legends as Mr.Blixt accompanied by Anna,The honourable Fredrik Rapp,Bobo and All-star champion of Kjuge 1994 Mr Daniel Ehman,it was not long before the conversation turned to plans for sunday.This has to be the number one worst way to start a party ever.My anger (towards smhi) and frustration(due to my addiction) quickly morphed into what can i can only explain as "blinkered vision" .I refused the initial offers of Alcoholic refreshments and instead got lost in my own mind rehearsing beta for Ape-index(what have i become?). The "blinkered vision" quickly turned straight back into its original form of frustration and anger,so i got myself a drink. After the party i felt so excited at the prospect of some action the following day in Kjuge. I got up at 06:00 unable to sleep.By 08:45 i arrived in Kjuge and was greeted by fine dry conditions.I walked straight up to Ape-index ,layed out my mondo sofa-style and imagined myself cruising over the moves effortlessly.I was first met by a couple from G'burg who also decided for the early approach.They spoke of Ferdinand which got me thinking of my other current project (the sit).I said fairwell and they went on their way.Soon after that i fell asleep only to awaken as Mr.Blixt approached me from behind ;) Thinking i had the whole day in front of me i got persuaded up to Sonic with his crew.Ola and Lisa arrived late as usual and as expected.Standing by sonic i felt so selfish because i just wanted to go to Ape-index.The rain started,slowly at first but then increased rapidly.Mr Blixt and Adnan beasted on Sonic in impressive style.I had had enough.I walked off alone in the direction of my goal,which was now wet.On the way i met an Englishman(which happens more often than you would think).We made our way to Ferdinand which is often slow to take the rain and quick to dry.I sat under it with the intention of sticking the crimp in the beginning.Interest grew as more arrived to do battle with the move.Finally i stuck it, only to miss the next move.Shit! ... After a short rest and probably not waiting my turn i jumped back on and repeated the start making it to the flake only to miss the crimp on the upper section. I knew it was close and only a matter of time. Another wee rest and it was time again.I sat down,relaxed and prepared for the battle.I had told the lads that if i get to the flake then i'm going to try for the top even though my ankle was starting to feel a bit dodgy after all that heel-hook action low down.Still weak form my defeat with Moby i knew falling landing on it would be risky from a height."Here goes......." I pulled the start move and placed my heel hoping it would be the last time, and boned down on my right crimp.Made the next move and stuck it. The next two moves went in a blur and before i knew it i was on the flake."It's on........Ola!.......spot! .....pad!....." Moved up took the sloper,then set up to take the crimp..........breath......... Got to the crimp but didnt stick it.Fuck! I feel myself drop back and down .I still had the flake so all i could do was to stiffen my body and pull like fuck.No style,just beast it.I manage to pull, turn it around and take the crimp once again.i switch the feet and set up for the launch."Don't blow this!"...... I go,miss it, yet manage to stick something very low down,not even close to the sweet-spot i had intended.Can't fall.... I bump up twice and get it good but by now but fingers are opening against my will.Gotta get a move on!Up with my foot (wrong foot)and take the top.People start clapping but i'm still fightin.Eventually i find myself on top and all is quiet again.Success!!!!!!!!

2 kommentarer:

lajfstajl sa...

haha, fantastic story! congrats again :) sometimes i wish i lived in k-stad... sometimes... when i cry late at night...

Anonym sa...

d:o) cool du fik den!! og fedt at foden virker igen...
super indlæg....
/René
....vi er iøvrigt nogle stykker som tager til bleau i påsken! er der andre der skal derned?