söndag 31 augusti 2008

and so it begins........................



Just as i thought that the entire August month would drift with only memories of wind, rain and work, the sun came out to warm our souls. I arrived early in Kjuge, too early really! I decided to take a wee dander (walk). Up to the cafe i went only to discover that somebody had partied a bit too hard by one of the BBQ areas on the Friday night. The open green area was littered with the remains of tables, broken chairs, beer cans, and junk. The area between the Cafe and the nature museum had been used for free-style moped activity as well as the green area to the north, below Sonic. I did my bit to tidy up, collecting the junk and getting rid of the mess. Soon after that i met one of the local residents that i know quite well and told him about the mess. I was a bit worried that people may see a mess in Kjuge and automatically blame us (climbers). He was cool about it and assured me that the people living in the village generally feel that climbers are a positive aspect to the area and do not believe we are there to wreck tables, chairs and throw junk. Lets keep it that way! ;)

Quite a few made the journey to take advantage of the weather. Helsingborg was strongly represented as well as Malmö, Åhus, Denmark ............................ and Ireland.

I had a real feeling that the season had started. In the shade, the stick was good and the familiar sounds of climber-shouts could be heard in the woods again. I had three tries on "La boheme" . A nice line with sharp crimps. Got close but not close enough.I felt i could have stayed a bit longer there but decided it was better to move on and come back next week with fresh skin and try my luck. I looked at the film of Lil'Erik and i dont have the same beta. I hope this is the start of more regular blogging on this site. Shine on!

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Irish e du sugen på att klättra med lunda klättrare, så kom på fredag. Jag, Tobbe kommer att vara där. Local in lund.

Irish Dave sa...

Sweet ! thanks man!

Anonym sa...

Irish jag skulle behöva ha ditt mobil nummer ifall att min skjuts inte kommer och bussarna har gått. så kankske den där lovade skjutsen behövs. /Tobbe